Vehicle Renewal  Button
Vehicle Renewal  Button
Business Hours on Online Open Sign

You Bought a New Car or Boat. Now what?

Whether you bought a car, truck, camper, trailer, boat, or any other type of vehicle or vessel, you probably have to license it with the State of Washington. Fortunately, if you purchased your vehicle from a dealer in the state, that dealer will probably take care of the licensing for you. Ask your dealer if this is so.

However, if the dealer did not do the licensing for you, or if you purchased your vehicle from out-of-state, you will need to license the vehicle yourself. Application for a title and/or license must be made immediately.  

To apply for a title, you may either:


Some items you will need when you come into the office or mail your documents:


click here to return to home page