Vehicle Renewal  Button
Vehicle Renewal  Button
Business Hours on Online Open Sign


Registering your vehicle in Washington State

Welcome to the State of Washington.  As with all other states in the United States, in Washington you must license all vehicles and vessels that will be used within the State of Washington. This includes cars, trucks, campers, trailers, boats and other watercraft.

You are required to license or title your vehicle within 30 days of becoming a Washington resident. You will be issued Washington State registration and license plates after this is completed.
You may register and title your vehicle by mail or by coming in to Ridgefield Junction Auto License.  Click the small map to the left for a larger map and driving directions to our location.


Special requirements

EMISSIONS:  Please call 1-800-453-4951 or link to the Department of Ecology. Or inquire by calling Ridgefield Junction Auto license with the Washington plate or VIN number.  See “Important Phone Numbers Tab” above for the closest testing location for an emissions test.  

THE CLEAN CAR LAW:  Starting with 2009 models, new vehicles must meet strict clean air standards to be registered, leased, rented, licensed, or sold for use in Washington.  This includes cars, light duty trucks, and passenger vehicles (SUV’s and passenger vans.  New vehicles that do not meet clean car standards cannot be registered, leased, rented, licensed, or sold for use in Washington.  To learn more visit the Department of Ecology website for Washington Clean Car Information.


click here to return to home page